Financial Stability – What is it?
Financial Stability is a series of strategies that has the potential to:
- help people with disabilities improve their economic stability,
- decrease stress and financial crisis in an individual’s life
- expand opportunities for community participation, and
- positively impact an individual’s quality of life experience.
Why is it important?
- The presence of a disability and the need to maintain a public benefit should not require one to forfeit their economic stability and live in poverty. Without knowledge, guidance, and encouragement, individuals are not empowered to earn, learn, save and build.
- To a person with a disability, saving money and developing assets will produce choices that directly impact their quality of life.